|First Justice of the Supreme Court
31 March – 15 April 2017
6 March – 30 September 2016
|Second Justice of the Supreme Court
30 September – 31 December 2016
16 December 2012
|29 June 2018
(6 years, 6 months)
Celera (16 December 2012 – 29 June 2018) was an Assemblian juror who served in varying judicial positions in 2016 and 2017.
He was a member of the 'first generation' of Assemblians who migrated to the region from its predecessors upon its founding in January 2016, having previously been a member of The Communist Region. Celera was an active member of early regional roleplay on the Regional Message Board. He also created the original flag of the region, which was in place from February 2016 to September 2017.
Celera was elected in the March 2016 general election as the First Justice of the first-ever Supreme Court, the second-ranked position in the judicial branch behind Chief Justice New Prague Workers Republic. Given the suspension of the proposed general election in June, they remained in the position until September of that year, when their lower order of election saw them demoted to Second Justice, the third-ranked position in the 2nd Supreme Court.
After a term of absence from the judiciary, they returned again as First Justice following the March 2017 general election, but were removed by the other members of the General Assembly for inactivity on 15 April. The dismissal became the subject of controversy given new legislation moving the powers of dismissal from the General Assembly into public hands was only one day from passing, and is broadly perceived to have commenced the April Crisis.
Fun facts[edit | edit source]
- Celera was the only nation to ever be removed in a vote of no confidence by the General Assembly, which occurred due to their inactivity as First Justice in April 2017.
- Celera became well-known for their Polandball comics submitted to regional newspaper The Red Star.
- Celera was one of the oldest nations to initially join The Leftist Assembly, having founded in 2012.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "I agree with Fidel's Beard, we shouldn't just banject you right now, that would be censorship, something which we would not want to repeat from your dictatorship you tried to call a democracy in TCR."
- "Why was I dismissed as second justice?"